The pages below may help you to navigate through common transportation barriers whether you are aging, disabled or unable to afford transportation.

The Mobility Manager for Washington County at 262-977-4441 is also available to help you with transportation struggles.

Directory of Transportation Resources

Directorio de Servicios de Transporte    Transportation Service Directory for Washington and Ozaukee Counties

Non-Emergency Medical Transportation

Up to Date NEMT Infromation -DHS

Medicaid Transportation to medical appointments
If you are on Medicaid or Badger Care Plus you are assured of transportation to medical appointments and other covered services. This program is operated by MTM under contract with Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services. You may schedule a trip through MTM by calling their reservation line or visit their web site at: If you run into difficulties with any aspect of MTM’s service, call MTM’s “We care” number.

Reservations 866-907-1493 Reservation TTY 800-855-3880 (English)
Where’s My Ride 866-907-1494 Reservation TTY 800-855-3880 (Spanish)
We Care 866-436-0547    


Complaint Procedure

Contact MTM

Transportation to the Polls

(All polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm on election days)
Finding transportation to the polls on election days can be a huge barrier for people with disabilities wanting to exercise their right to vote. Below are some ideas to help you overcome this barrier.

  • Does your town have a bus service? Cab service? Ask if they provide rides for free or reduced rates on election days.
  • Is your schedule flexible? Ask a neighbor, friend or family member to share a ride.
  • Contact the WI Association of Mobility Managers to find a mobility manager in your area. In Washington County 262-977-4441
  • Is your faith community offering rides?
  • Call VoteRiders toll-free at 844-338-8743 to see if there are volunteers in your area offering rides.
  • Call your local Independent Living Center or Aging and Disability Resource Center at (608) 266-2536 (statewide) for ideas on specific transportation options in your community.
  • Are ride share services available in your area? Ask if they offer free or reduced rides to the polls on election days. They may have accessible transportation.
  • Contact your local political party to see if they offer free rides.
  • Does your city have a timebank? Trade an hour of your time for a ride to the polls.
  • Check with non-partisan organizations including WI League of Women Voters (608) 256-0827 (statewide), WI American Civil Liberties Union (608) 285-2141 (statewide), or the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 608-274-3997.
  • Does a college campus near you offer free transportation to the polls? If transportation is a barrier you can’t overcome, it’s still important to vote, but you will need to plan ahead. For information on voting absentee, see reverse side or visit


Absentee Voting



Who can Request an Absentee Ballot?
Any registered voter is eligible to request an absentee ballot. If you are not already registered, you will need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you.

How do I Request an Absentee Ballot?
Go to and download the Application for Absentee Ballot. Complete the form and mail it to your municipal clerk’s office. Your application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you.

You will need to provide a copy of your photo ID with your request. More information about photo IDs can be found at

Instructions and DEADLINES for Completing an Absentee Ballot
Detailed instructions for completing your absentee ballot can be found at: Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day.

In-Person Absentee Voting (Early Voting)
You can also vote absentee at your local municipal clerk’s office. If you apply for an absentee ballot in your municipal clerk’s office, or another designated location for in-person absentee voting, you will complete your ballot immediately in the clerk’s office, seal your ballot in the proper envelope, and return it to a member of the clerk’s staff. No ballots may be taken out of the clerk’s office. You will need to show your acceptable photo ID when voting in-person.

When can I Vote In-Person Absentee Ballot?
Each city, village and town in Wisconsin is responsible for setting the dates and hours of in person absentee voting for their municipality. To find the dates and hours for in-person absentee voting where you live, contact your municipal clerk. To find out who your municipal clerk is visit

For Voting Assistance:

(866) VOTE-WIS

Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition

Planning for Transportation Needs When You Give Up Driving
The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists, DRS